My friends, it's now 5:31AM and I haven't even cracked a book open yet. I was not prepared. Lessons have been learned. Such as, oh, I don't know, don't wake up right at the start of the readathon. Give yourself buffer time. Put the coffee on a timer the night before. Make sure the coffee table is clean, a beautiful blank canvas ready for a bookish photoshoot. Maybe even have a photo at the ready for your opening Instagram post. C'est la vie. My husband is snoring in the next room, the cats are confused but happy that I'm hanging out with them at this time, the coffee is kicking in, and it's time to get these books cracking...
1. Hello fellow read-a-thon participants & non participants who have somehow magically found their way here! I am reading from the Bay Area in California (think San Francisco) and it's very early on the West Coast :D
2. I think I am most excited for Mr. Splitfoot and Ocean at the End of the Lane. Mr. Splitfoot has been intriguing me for a while based on the cover and the first page skim I gave it when I first picked it up. Glad to finally check this off the TBR. Ocean at the End of the Lane will be my second attempt with Gaiman. I wasn't pleased with the first. I have been told this book is amazing, and so many people I know LOVE Gaiman. I would like to join the party.
3. There are strawberries in the fridge that I plan to smother with a hazelnut honey cream like you don't even know. Also: olives. Always a snacking staple for me since I was but a child. (I am going to be sick by the end of the day).
4. Oh man. I always find these questions hard. How about you ask me anything you want to know and I don't waste time trying to make myself sound more interesting than I actually am?
5. I have not participated in read-a-thon previously, and I suppose what I'm most looking forward to is the knowing that I have set the entire day aside just for reading. That sounds obvious, but knowing that I'm not obligated to do anything else today and that I don't have to feel guilty for not accomplishing anything other than gobbling down book after book is very exciting.
Okay. Let's go.