I'm still here. I'm still reading. Coffee may need to be in my near future.
- Mid-Event Survey -
1. What are you reading right now? Still reading The Ocean at the End of Lane, and very much enjoying it. I can't wait to type up so more detailed thoughts once I've finished.
2. How many books have you read so far? 3, though one was a very short poetry collection that I more or less know by heart, so I'm not quite counting it. I've just been sort of re-reading a poem here and there when I need a break from the current read.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Still haven't gotten to Mr. Splitfoot, so either that, or The Shadow of the Wind
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Mostly I'm interrupting myself. Haha. I spent a good hour hunting through the house for my page flags, which was a huge bummer. I managed to find some. Phew.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? My pace, and how easy it is to get distracted. I've been looking forward to this day for months, so why am I focusing on other non-reading things? I think next time I will definitely follow the "abandon it if it isn't holding your attention" rule. Hallowe'en Party, while a good read, was a struggle to get through and really set me off on a weird pace.
Happy reading, folks!